JEEVISHA protocol for management of Myofascial syndrome:
- Work ergonomics correction: Changing the Ergonomics at work place plays a very important role in management of these patients. Expert faculty at JEEVISHA analysis the problems and helps the patient bring changes in their daily life.
- Posture correction: With facilities like Posture Analysis machine, the root cause for the development of these painful conditions is identified and patient are trained to overcome this problem in a step wise manner.
- Medications: In the initial course of the management of this condition, patients may be prescribed some muscle relaxants to reduce the spasms in the muscles. Some other medications may be prescribed depending on the condition of the patient, which is individualized from patient to patient basis.
- Physiotherapy: Physiotherapy plays a very important role in fighting these painful conditions. With a team of dedicated physiotherapist, patient is further evaluated and accordingly a plan is prepared for first reducing pain and then focusing on strengthening of the problematic muscles.
- Dry needling: It is a procedure that involves the insertion of fine, short stainless steel needles (25-gauge or thinner) into the skin and muscle at trigger points or painful areas in the muscles. Either done blindly or under Ultrasound guidance, it helps to release the taut bands in the muscles causing the pain.
- Trigger point injections: Some patients may require injection of medications in the trigger points because of associated inflammation in the area. Trigger point injections are done under Ultrasound guidance as a day care procedure.